Wednesday, January 14, 2009

So how does it feel to be 1


So today as I was playing with Kara I began to think how wonderful it is to have a one year old in our house again.She seems to be happy most of the time with her cute scrunched up smile and bright hazel eyes she can charm her way into just about anything. I thought how it must feel each day to start off with someone getting you dressed, feeding you, and then taking care of your every whim whether it be your favorite episode of Mickey Mou or a book of your choosing usually Moo Baa Lalala. I love that fact that no matter what happens in my life she is always there with a tight hug or a cute open mouth kiss. Although it is great I am sure there are downsides too. For instance, how about diapers yuck I don't know that the continuous airing of my favorite show would be worth wearing one of those all day. How about being forced to nap (as I listen to her crying upstairs right now) although I would like the midday sleep I don't know that I would like to be forced into a bed when I really want to be up and running around. The sad part is she needs to nap and if I were her I would love someone to make me take a nap.
So back to the good things... I enjoy the fact that she is really beginning to talk now. She can say Mom or as she says MAAAaaaamom and Dad which is her usual response when I ask her to say Mama she can say baba which is pacifier. She can say Lanie, cheese, please, thank you and make a moo sound and a tiger growl.
It amazes me how parents have their kids perform. I used to think this was weird until I became one of those parents."Watch Kara do this, Lanie show them how you do that" after the moment I realize I just asked my child to perform- should I give them a treat? or do I get they get a performance fee for their role?
We love the moments that we have with our baby and look forward to seeing the person she will become. I am sure there will be a day we will look back and say remember when she used to say "moo" Kara we love you!

2 comments:

  1. Jenny, I really appreciate the updates and the perspective you give this. Thank you so much. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I love the performing part. Someone asked Connor to perfrom his roll over last weekend. He actually did it (even though inorder to do it he needs to get a little angry - like the Hulk). But he rolled we clapped and all was well. Next time I'll pass around a hat and all proceeds go towards his college :) Kim

    ReplyDelete