Friday, February 13, 2009

Is there love in the air?


Some tommorrow is Valentine's day. A day that many would call a Hallmark holiday or a day that was created by florist across the nation to boost sales in what normally would be a slow time of the year.The number of red roses sold each year are probably more than any sold any other time of the year. I am sure that the amount of chocolate sold during this time of year only comes in second to Halloween. There is a lot of dough to be made on a day that was created to show your love for another.
Although Valentine's day is a very commerical day it can be a nice reminder to tell the ones that you love how special they are to you. A nice homemade card or a cute poem written out of love or being witty will always do my heart good.I also like the idea that Zales has that you should give a bag of diamonds but hey who can afford that one! I do like the idea of letting someone you love or someone you could potientially love know that your thinking of them is pretty special. I think back to my school days when you let that boy know that you liked him or how great it felt to have someone send you a flower with a special message.
I know may people choose to use this day as a day to get engaged. They have a special evening where they share their feelings for another and ask them to spend the rest of their lives with them. Valentine's Day must mean a lot to people to chose that day to make a commitment of a lifetime.
Although, I personally find Valentine's day to be a fun day to tell that special someone how much you mean to them you should remember to tell them each and everyday and make each day Valentine's day.(although my waistline couldn't take chocolate everyday and I would have make room for all those roses)

No comments:

Post a Comment