Monday, February 2, 2009

Buddy -- are you really my buddy?


So today I was thinking that I had not blogged for a while and began to think about what or who would my next installment be about. As I began to ponder I thought about each person in my family and how most things seem to be on a pretty even keel right now so what could I possibly write about. I then realized that I had a furry little animal using my lap for a pillow and snoring pretty loudly.So I am sure you have guessed I am talking about Buddy my dog but sometimes my enemy.
My dog Buddy is very cute a little chubby but that is kind of how we make them here at Burwell manor. He is somewhat of a lazy dog who is always willing to lay on your lap or snuggle on a nearby coat or pillow. Although he is lazy he is always willing to share with Kara any food she may want to drop his way or inadvertently share with him as he follows each of her steps. Sometimes Buddy gets on my nerves by the occasional pee accident or the chewing up of my shoes. He is always there to help reduce the number of toys we have by his ability to chew anything that is plastic or wooden which makes up most of the toys we own. There are times when he gets outs and runs and I want to just let him keep running but somehow he makes his way back home - darn!
Although I get annoyed by Buddy and always willing to give him to the highest bidder which doesn't seem to be anyone. He is a good dog. He is always there to greet you with a excited jump when you come home no matter what your day was like. He has a gentle way about him with children, Kara can climb all over the poor dog and he will just looks up with his sad eyes. I am very impressed with how protective he is with our kids. He loves to sleep in bed with Lanie, it is very cute to see him snuggle in next to her when it is time to go to bed. I was home with the girls the other night and Buddy was in with us as we slept, when Doug arrived home Buddy was there to make sure that the person that came in was someone we knew. I have to admit that he works better than any alarm system. I love it when Kara sees him and runs up to him and says "Hi Buddy Bud" and puts her arms around him.
Although I have realized that I am not a big dog fan I think every child should have a dog experience in their lifetime. I think my children have learned what it is to take care of something that is more than themselves and how to love an animal.
So I guess even if you are the highest bidder... I won't be able to take your bid since Buddy has a home here with us.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Buddy Bud. When's he going to come visit??? I'd have a dog ANYDAY over a furry rodent (i.e hamster...). :) I'm hoping Connor loves his pups, cuz there is NO WAY his parents could deal with reptiles or rodents...

    ReplyDelete