Saturday, May 1, 2010

As two sister's grow together


As I continue this journey of this adventure called motherhood I have seen,heard, cried, laughed, and experienced many things. One of the best experiences that I have been lucky enough to be a part of is life's greatest bond and that is the bond of two sisters.
When Lanie was an only child my mind would sometimes linger and wonder what it would be like for Lanie to have a sibling. We wanted so badly to have another child, and Lanie as she got older began to pray for a sibling and specifically a sister. We were happy to have either a son or a daughter but Lanie always requested a "sister". As always God was in charge and answered all of our prayers and gave us a beautiful baby girl.
When Kara was born she was a fun baby and Lanie looked at her as someone to play with and enjoyed her new title and role as big sister. As time past and Kara depended on all of us and learned to look at Lanie as not only a sister but a caregiver. Kara would smile at Lanie and put her arms out to her which warmed Lanie's heart and made her happy.
Now Kara is bigger and she is starting to show her independence and that need for Lanie to be the caregiver has changed. Kara now talks and can say what is on her mind and is able to verbally express her love to Lanie. I am seeing both of my girls change through this process which is really cool.
Lanie still wants to be the caretaker, but her role is now changing and the need to be a caregiver is less.I am able to see Kara say " I miss Lanie" when Lanie is at school or out playing. Lanie looks forward to the kisses that are freely given and the piggy back rides that she offers and Kara quickly accepts! I can look out the window and see them both playing together on the front lawn,or playing one of Kara's favorite games "Diego" which Lanie plays along with even though it is a "baby game"
I look forward to the years to come when they can talk to each other about anything, laugh together, and maybe even a few times cry together.I have learned on this adventure that one of the greatest bonds in life is that of always knowing that no matter what your sister is there and is one of the people in this world that you can depend on!
So I have learned that God knew what He was doing and answered all of our prayers!

1 comment:

  1. That just warms my heart. Thank you for sharing. I was just checking out the Manor a couple weeks ago and realized it was in need of some caregiving. Thanks for taking care of that, and sharing such a warm, love filled message.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete